OMG UPDATE: Question? Answer.

Updated on Saturday, June 28


QUESTION: I want to order some stuff on the internet. I can't use my Waterloo address so I was wondering if there is any way to have it send to a Canada Post location where they can hold it for you? It appears that Buffer Box is done so that's not an option.


  1. You could use your neighbor's address.

  2. If a package or letter gets sent with your name and the university address on it, it will be received by the university's central mail system. Then it's usually distributed to your program's office. I work at the university and we usually contact students and tell them to come pick up their mail from our office when we get it. We return it to sender if a long time goes by and it doesn't get picked up.

    Other offices might not do this, though. Have you tried emailing your faculty undergraduate office or even your department/major office and just asking them if they would be willing to receive it for you? There's no work involved for them. If you have a good reason then I don't see why they would have a problem with it.

  3. To answer your question OP, you can't really just send it to a Canada Post location. I tried it once and even after calling to ask and being careful about the address the guy got hella confused and drove around with my package in his delivery truck for days. If you don't know anyone with an address they can deliver to then just send it to the school like 2 said.